hamarivani.com

www.hamarivani.com

सोमवार, 19 जनवरी 2015

Fantastic story of Tukku - The Lesser Whistling Teal !

       

          Tukku I find your story fantastic.  You travelled thousands of miles without any passport or visa hassle, all the way from Norway to India in search of a warm winter. Almost when you reached the destination near Kolkata you lost the way. Estranged from your family and friends due to tiredness, illness or something else you landed alone at Ishapore .

          Tukku! Life is beautiful and who knows it better than you and your kind. But life is also ferocious and you saw the ugly face of life as well  after separation from your flock as you touched the ground. There were people in the surroundings who just had the idea of making a good meal out of you, ready to cook and devour you . Then there was that dog with an intention of prowling upon you.

          This is true not only about you Tukku, this is a fact of the life for us -human beings also. My mother told me that like you I was also lost when as a child I had just started walking. One day, I came out of my house as no one was in the vicinity. I crossed the gully, reached the main Road and further walked towards Laxmi Talkies Chauraha in Old Katra Muhalla of Allahabad. Once I reached the square, probably unable to decide which way to go, I stood standstill and started weeping. Some people came forward and started claiming me. Ultimately a lady came as my saviour. She told the crowd that the boy belonged to none . She said she would find out real parents and handover me to them. In case parents were not found out I would be handed over to Police. Firmness of the lady compelled people to move out. Meanwhile my parents and neighbours started searching for me. When all efforts failed , my mother came out on the Road to search for me. Looking for me here and there, she ultimately reached vegetable market and saw a lady holding me in her lap. The lady could recognize that my mother was the real mom and handed me over to her. Thus I was saved of an actual MANMOHAN DESAI LIKE film situation in my real life. But you couldn't be saved of such a situation, Tukku! Your parents had moved away along with the flock. How this all happened can only be a matter of conjecture.

          Life smiled upon you Tukku as you were surrounded by avaricious eyes. A saviour came for you,in form of Surojeet , orderly of my section. He picked you up with an intention to save your life and brought you to our section.The day was Saturday.  Being sunday next day was a holiday. Tukku ( this name was given to to you, the Lesser whistling Eurasian Teal by Shyamal  ). You didn't take anything since morning when brought into my office by Surojeet . You were sitting silently. If disturbed , you moved but didn't make efforts to fly. I could see that you were a migratory bird separated from your flock due to unseen reason and not a local bird- Bali Hans as assumed by Surojeet. Probably you were ailing and tired. We called the Bird Rescue Department but they expressed their inability to come and requested us to wait till Monday. I asked my colleagues to contact some other agency which may be helpful as you needed immediate nursing, otherwise your survival till Monday was dobubtful. Ultimately we were able to contact an N G O Mother care's Ms Sreetama Bhattacharjee who promised to come by the evening.  She gave instructions to put you inside a cartoon with holes to make you comfortable, not touch or feed you anything as you may get infected . Ultimately Mothercare Team came at 4.30 pm in the evening and Tukku, you were handed over to them! They told us that Tukku was too young and after nursing , you would be rehabilitated at the Santragachhi lake.We had to bid ADIEU to you Tukku in your better interest and we were happy to leave you in safe hands.

          Tukku if you are extremely lucky like me, you may find your original flock and parents again at Santragachhi Lake. In case your parents have moved to Rabindra Sarobar or Nalban you may not find them there. But you will certainly find some new friends there. It is sure that you will be welcomed into a flock of your kind. And after a few months when the flock is ready to go back to Norway you would have grown up into a beautiful adult. May be before going back, you would have found your life companion or spouse. After all , you will be residing in romantic surroundings. When you reach Norway at home, your love life will further bloom. Next year you will decide to visit India again for a warm winter , may be along with your own child. I'm sure Tukku would be taking precautions so that the child is not separated from the flock to fall prey to a prowler or be at the mercy of strangers.

         The world is so kind but at times it may be so unkind. There are good and bad people here. It is when you are in unkind situation; you need a bit of luck, sometimes a samaritan  by your side as well as grit, determination and stemina to come out of such a situation. I believe Tukku has all these elements in  favour.

( I thank all my colleagues as well as the N G O: " Mother care" for making efforts to save Tukku -the Lesser whistling Eurasian Teal )



कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें